• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FC2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

What are your thoughts about the game? Do you like what you see? I was thinking about preordering but after the disappointment of crysis i am reluctant.

Well FC2 is by a different developer so. From everything so far it looks to be great but as well you really can't tell til you have your hands on the final product, or at least a demo.

I though FC2 was from the same developers I might just give it a try

I though FC2 was from the same developers I might just give it a try
It's a common misconception. It's kind of strange to me that they named this game Far Cry 2 when it has nothing to do with Far Cry and isn't even by the same people that made Far Cry. I mean it's not even the same main character, location, or anything. I guess they wanted to take advantage of the name recognition of Far Cry since they do own the name.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to FC2, I like the idea of a huge free-roaming world in which I can complete objectives when, how, and in the order I choose. The engine sounds good too: "DUNIA ENGINE - The Dunia Engine was built specifically for Far Cry 2 by the award-winning Ubisoft Montréal development team. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire propagation and storm effects, real-time night-and-day cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and so much more…"

It's only 40 days away! October 21.

Well steam has this up for pre-order now. $5 off. I'm debating if I want to get this or not. Any word on the DRM? I'm thinking via steam I should be fine.

With a destructible environment, realistic graphics to the setting, yeah I'm close to pre-ordering.

Well steam has this up for pre-order now. $5 off. I'm debating if I want to get this or not. Any word on the DRM? I'm thinking via steam I should be fine.

With a destructible environment, realistic graphics to the setting, yeah I'm close to pre-ordering.
I REALLY hope there is no install limit on this game. I am really looking forward to it, it looks amazing. The first review from PC Gamer UK had great things to say about it.

Wow Farcry 2, Fable II, and Fallout 3 are all coming out this month and they all start with an F! I definitely don't think that will be their grade though. I think I'll have to wait and get FarCry 2 and Fable II after I play Fallout 3.

I, like many others....will be hesitant because of Crysis. Needs to play smoothly and have far better multiplayer.

I, like many others....will be hesitant because of Crysis. Needs to play smoothly and have far better multiplayer.
But . . but. . . Crytek has nothing to do with this game. In fact Far Cry 2 has nothing to do with Crysis or Far Cry. The only reason this game is called Far Cry 2 is because Ubisoft owns the name because they published Far Cry which was made by Crytek. This game is being made by Ubisoft Montreal of Splinter Cell/Assassin's Creed/Rainbow 6 fame.

It has nothing to do with Crysis or Crytek.

I actually think Crysis runs smoothly. If you mean high framerates, then your right it doesn't but I think Crysis runs smooth at about half the framerates other games seem to be choppy.

The only reason this game is called Far Cry 2 is because Ubisoft owns the name because they published Far Cry which was made by Crytek. This game is being made by Ubisoft Montreal of Splinter Cell/Assassin's Creed/Rainbow 6 fame.

*gags* That stops me right there. I hope that this game doesn't turn out like vegas did.

I still have nightmares about how horribly bad that game was....

I actually think Crysis runs smoothly. If you mean high framerates, then your right it doesn't but I think Crysis runs smooth at about half the framerates other games seem to be choppy.

I thought I was the only one. I usually top out at around 30-35 usually in crysis and it runs perfectly smooth to me. any other game i've played that goes down to those kind of frame rates is unplayable.

But . . but. . . Crytek has nothing to do with this game. In fact Far Cry 2 has nothing to do with Crysis or Far Cry. The only reason this game is called Far Cry 2 is because Ubisoft owns the name because they published Far Cry which was made by Crytek. This game is being made by Ubisoft Montreal of Splinter Cell/Assassin's Creed/Rainbow 6 fame.

Thats not the point. Actually the fact that its an UBI game scares me. R6 Vegas games stunk. Assassin's Creed wasn't all that. And Splinter Cell Double Agent was crap too. Ubisoft is still Ubisoft no matter what country's flag they have in front of their office building.

Its another "latest and greatest this and that" game that is either going to succeed where Crysis failed...or join it in the pile of overhyped games.

I feel your frustration. Also alot of people seem to be under the illusion it uses the same engine as Crysis (which it doesn't, it has its own developed)

Crysis only disapointed people who have an insessant need to play a game on max graphics, for those who only need medium graphics the game ran fine on 3-4 year old machines (well it did on mine, and it was hardly 'top of the range' when I bought it). Personally I loved Crysis, but then again I also loved the origonal far cry. Just playing through the game again now that I have a new PC on very high graphics, sure the odd landscape looks wow, but overall the game experience was just as good on medium settings on my old 6800GT card.

AH well, Im certainly looking forward to Far cry 2, every vid iv seen makes it look amazing :) its on my list of games to get, unfortunatly at this time of the year that list is looong. I also havent decided yet, to get this on PC or xbox :/

Back