• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45T Extreme: 620-665FSB benches, WCed! (!56K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I've been playing with this board for a couple of weeks now. I normally bench with <0C, but have been running ambient cooling for daily and benching at "just" 600FSB toying with the idea of entering the Summer Forum Wars in a non-extreme class. I knew it would bench at much higher FSB on cold, but didn't realize just how high it would go on ambient cooling even for the most difficult benchmarks :eek:

I won't give up BIOS settings or show extreme cooled results until after the Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship (don't forget to enter to win free stuff!), but suffice it to say, what you see here is only the tip of the iceberg ;)

I normally tweak like crazy and squeeze every last drop out for a bench, but I was anxious to see just how high it would each one (and there were a lot), so for the most part, I did nothing except boot and bench untweaked. I am amazed at the ambient cooled results...can't wait to start tweaking them!

Board: Gigabyte EP45T Extreme
BIOS: F3 Final
Memory: 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600s
Vid cards: Gigabyte HD 4850 Crossfire
PSU: Gigabyte Odin 1200W
CPU Cooling: NexXxos XP waterblock
NB Cooling: Swiftech MCW-30
Loop: MCP-350 pump, BIP2 rad with 2x ~35CFM case fans on it ;)
Ambient temp: ~78F

3d06_620fwm.png

3d05_620wm.png

3d03_640wm.png

3d01_640wm.png

32m_620wm.png

8m_640wm.png

1m_665wm.png

Nice.. Makes me wanna go back to a dualie
Quads do pretty well too. >500FSB is pretty easy and Deanzo just had some insane quad core FSB with LN2 cooling on his. I will be playing with a QX on WC shortly...

Last edited:
Quads do pretty well too. >500FSB is pretty easy and Deanzo just had some insane quad core FSB with LN2 cooling on his. I will be playing with a QX on WC shortly...

Good to know. :) Although I don't think I would be playing with LN2

I am sitting on a QX @ 8x520FSB right now with the same WC loop I used for the 8600...don't need LN2 to get over 500FSB on P45 board ;)

nicely done Ross...some heavy FSB on a QX....:clap:

I've always found it difficult to clock high FSB with QX, I've not had teh fun of running a P45 chipset yet.... I'm definitely not as expereinced as most folks and I tend to "run and gun" when I have the Ln2 flowing ...go for broke if you know what I mean.

Thanks Neb :)

Looks good. Typical Ross magic. ;)
Actually, these are speeds anyone can do with normal cooling, which is what makes it so cool :D The magic stuff is yet to be posted :beer:

Deanzo said:
Nice Ross,

This board sure know how to clock FSB, I've never used anything like it for that.
Feel free to post that QX FSB here if and when you want Dean :drool: That might've been a WR quad FSB??

Same here...haven't seen anything over 551 besides yours :)

Back