• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much are these computers worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

My uncle has a pair of HP a450n computers, and an older one. I was just curious to know how much they are worth; he was considering just throwing them in a dumpster. :bang head Here are the specs:

# Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Processor with 800MHz Frontside Bus
# 2x512MB memory
# No hard drive/software/OS. May include original HP recovery disks.
# 4x DVD+RW Burner and 48x CD-ROM Optical Drives
# Integrated AC'97 Audio
# NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Graphics Card with 128MB Memory
# v.92 56Kbps Modem and Intel 10/100 Ethernet Port
# Six USB 2.0 Ports, Two FireWire Ports and a 7-in-1 Media Card Reader
# One AGP slot (taken), three PCI slots, two SATA ports. Appears to be a 250W PSU.

I figure it is not a super old system, but not exactly desirable for most users. Maybe folders would enjoy these?

Those would be possibilities, however I don't know what anything is worth (CPU = $20?).

look around and see what they go for.
if your still going to dump it at least maybe donate it to a charity or something.

I had a similar system that my dad upgraded from. Provided that you have access to the classies here there is a market for older parts if you are willing to part out the system

Ive sold a total of 7 512mb ddr1 sticks here for $7.50 to $15 depending on how fast I want to sell it and what speeds they are at.

Ive also sold a 3.2ghz p4 chip, that I took a razor blade to, for $25

you should be able to get $15-$25 for the burners.

Basically you should be able to get $100 or more after parting out each system with all the parts I mentioned and the other stuff like the video card and mobo.

Personally if I had these I would post the whole systems up on craigs for $200 knowing you will be low balled down to $150 or so. If they dont sell as they are part them out and sell them here

If you don't sell them, there's likely a church or other organization that would be happy to have them.

craigslist it... i have sold lesser computers for 250 bucks... Sold an athlon xp2400 512mb of ram and gf4 mx 420 for 250... a 2.0A p4 northwood old asus rambuss board 512mb of ram for 200.

You could probably get 350 for it and definitely 300.

Back