• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte should burn in hell.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devist8

Registered
I bought a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 back in December. It lasted me a couple months, and then it up and died. I had to RMA it (with money out of my own pocket). It took them about a month to get it back to me. I get it back, install it, it works great.... for 2 weeks, then it dies again. So, I sign up for another RMA (this time they were nice enough to send me a UPS label), and thats when I was informed that after my first RMA, they didnt send me a new board, they just fixed my old one. Thats why it took so damn long.

Well, this time around, I told them I wanted an upgrade. Its obvious that I am having a bad track record with this mobo. They refuse. They WILL NOT upgrade my board unless
1.) They run out of stock in the warehouse
or
2.) I pay the $50 difference of the next highest board.

So they will continue to send me the same board, and it will continue to die. Once this happens about 10 times, im going to call, and laugh my *** off, and tell them. "Youve spent more money in UPS fees sending and recieving these boards than if you had just sent me an upgrade, you idiots."

Gigabyte cares nothing for their customers, just their profits. I'll never buy Gigabyte again, and I'll do my damnedest to disuade anyone else thinking of doing so.

Never had Problem with Gigabyte here, years back had a GA 865PE1000G had small issue with it RMA,d and they sent back a GA-865PE100G-Pro, and I was happy havent had any issues with in Five years since,
Its still running as strong as the day I installed.

My Old P4 in Sig

Gigabyte is a good company overall, but all companies doing as much business as Gigabyte will have some valid complaints.

While you have had some bad luck with your board, their policies are in line with what other manufacturers offer - no one offers free upgrade thru RMA. I can understand your frustrated by the problems you've had, and a month is fairly long to be down - but shipment takes time too.

It sounds like they didn't question your RMA request, and did get the problem fixed, albeit a little slower than you had hoped for. It's valid to expect a working replacement of equal value when you RMA, but getting upgraded for free is asking too much and you can't really be mad at them for that.

Note, I favor them a bit because I like their sponsorship of overclocking competitions, some of which OCF members have won.

I have only had to RMA one board with Gigabyte. I sent it on the monday and got the replacement on the friday. I was pretty happy with there comms, i was kept reasonably updated on the status of it.
I'm just about to RMA another and hope its as good an experience as the last.

I don't see what the problem is. They are actually repairing your board and they even offer an upgrade option for the price difference. I'm sitting in a lab right now with people debugging motherboards all around me, and I must say that it is not an easy task. In no way are they obligated to send you a new one (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). It's much cheaper for the company to pay a tech to troubleshoot it and fix it. While a motherboard dying is not a fun issue, at least they are working with you to resolve the problem in a seemingly reasonable manner.

You had bad luck with one board. Gigabyte makes very good MOBOS. You cant really say Gigabyte is trash for repairing your board. Its standard warranty for most manufacturers.

Ya, sounds like most people are getting it...

Bottom line is, you shouldn't get mad at Gigabyte for an experience which could have easily been the same, or worse, with any other vendor.

not a gigabyte lover here .. but probbly got 6 in the room 4 at least 4 years old maybe older still going strong ( my bro's small shop) msi & intel boards seem to fail more than most for what comes through the shop

thiers always a bunch of bad monday boards just like cars

but dont blame you for being totaly mad if eye ever got a "fixed" board back that would be the end of that product for me also cant believe thay would wast the time "fixing" anything toss it and send a new one jezzzzzzzzz

Wow, burn in hell huh? That is pretty strong.

Stuff happens man. In the grand scheme of things, what you just experienced is a minor inconvenience, and was not worth getting you all stressed out. It's not healthy.

A side note: I have a feeling you spoke to them them with the same flippant attitude as you posted here. I know that when I was in a customer service type position, and a customer called in all hot-headed and calling me an idiot, I did everything in my power to make him not get his wishes.

Back