• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who wants to see a nekkid X2 6000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Yup, i did it.. and it LIVED haha :beer:

I got a BE-2400 coming monday so i figured.. what they hey, and went to work on delid'n my windsor X2 6000+

Got these handy dandy razors from wally world for like 2 bux for a 10pack very very thin razors super great for jobs like this.

And from the pick you can see the 2nd muder weapon just waiting to be used in the background ;)

HPIM1659.jpg

and the after math

HPIM1665.jpg

unfortunately i did manage to cut off one of the resistors in the cutting prosses.. and cracked another in the process of removing the majority of the solder left on the core :( , i had to set bios back to default for it to boot.. but it did.. i'm currently priming stock just to test for stability, then i'll see if i can get any more out of it..

If i am stuck with stock clocks i'm not going to loose any sleep.. temps arnt "much" better about 3c since it was a soldered IHS, but the 10c difference between cores didnt go away.. i still have left to get it down to bare core, but i razored the remains nice and flat just for testing purposes.

just F3 revisions

also, looks like i took no hits what so ever by knocking off one of those res's and cracking another.. right back up to normal oc for me stable :beer:

as far as the 10c difference between cores (both @ 100% and ilde) i'm lost.. after i get my BE-2400 to play around with i may take extra measures to get down to absolute bare core on this.. mounts nice and snug though with my SI-120 and the thermalright rev b mount for AM2.. although i had to make it a REV C so to say..... it didnt work with the SI-120 right out of the box :-/

HPIM1656.jpg
HPIM1658.jpg

but it makes nice contact with a de-lidded cpu.. which should really be a plus if i decide to go topless on my brissy :D

Last edited:
I dont seem to have that big of a temp dif on my cores only about 2 degrees and its the same revision as yours... hmmm

isnt the 10c difference a temp reading error?

i hit (minus) -10c and 1c on my cpu and put it down to error.

just F3 revisions

also, looks like i took no hits what so ever by knocking off one of those res's and cracking another.. right back up to normal oc for me stable :beer:

as far as the 10c difference between cores (both @ 100% and ilde) i'm lost.. after i get my BE-2400 to play around with i may take extra measures to get down to absolute bare core on this.. mounts nice and snug though with my SI-120 and the thermalright rev b mount for AM2.. although i had to make it a REV C so to say..... it didnt work with the SI-120 right out of the box :-/

HPIM1656.jpg
HPIM1658.jpg

but it makes nice contact with a de-lidded cpu.. which should really be a plus if i decide to go topless on my brissy :D

nice flowery curtains you got there :p

Back