• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2140 oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I have this budget rig from the old days sitting in my room and i thought it might be fun to oc it then set it up to fold or something.
system spec
E2140
vista 32bit
ip35-e
ocz platinum rev 2
8800gt
vx550
200gig maxtor hd
I have it up to 3.2ghz but anything over isn't prime stable. i have not adjusted anything other than ram/cpu voltage and the clocks.
cpuv 1.4850
ramv2.1
fsb 400
8 multi
1:1
That's it
I have put the voltage up to1.5450 and its still stops on prime after a second. I have not adjusted the ich, mch, and gtlref yet because I don't know enough about them. Any clarification on those three settings and if they affect 24/7 usage would be great. The ram and cpu are both properly cooled so temp is not an issue. vdrop/droop is prety bad, 1.4850 in bios is really 1.448. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

they generally don't go any higher than 3.2ghz. I've seen one at hwbot at 3.6ghz, but that is already absurdly high for a 2xxx series cpu. I got mine at 3ghz with 1.3375v BIOS.

they generally don't go any higher than 3.2ghz. I've seen one at hwbot at 3.6ghz, but that is already absurdly high for a 2xxx series cpu. I got mine at 3ghz with 1.3375v BIOS.

I have my main rig's e2140 at 3.6 but I went thru alot of em to find it. I know i can get this one to atleast 3.4 I just need to adjust something.

Back