• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple machines one RAC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
So what's the story here. Does total credit and RAC from both machines get added and displayed the same on both BIONC clients?
They currently read differently. The main rig reads 43197 total and 1913 RAC. My folding rig reads 43861 total and 1867 RAC. I know the new machine has only 77 RAC and 801 total credit. So what's gives? It doesn't really matter since it's all going towards a good cause, but I would like to understand this better.
I know I'm not the only person with multiple rigs crunching.
Thx.

The different readings because the second Machine has been in contact with Rosetta@home server recently and the other hasn't as yet, they will eventually read the same at some point in time.
RAC is done on the average of all machines linked to your account name.

But total credit will be the sum of the credit from all machines correct?

It would be intuitive to me that the RAC would increase with the amount of machines you have crunching because your output is increasing. That must be one messed up equation then if this isn't the case. It begs the question, how is pixie scoring a RAC of almost 10,000???
Thx for the answer Jolly.

Looking at pixies stats, 8 quads, +/-.

My point exactly. Now that I have two instead of one, RAC should be higher and total credit should accumulate faster.

The link you posted is of my machines. That's where I got the numbers for my first post. Thank you though.

Yes, your RAC will be increasing, since that is a sum for all your rigs. Yes, total credits (or points as I call them ofttimes), is also a sum figure for ALL your rigs.

Yes, your intuition on how RAC increases with more rigs, is correct. Pixie has magical fairy dust, so her RAC will soar faster than yours or mine. :)

Don't be jealous, it's unbecoming. :p :p

My point exactly. Now that I have two instead of one, RAC should be higher and total credit should accumulate faster.

The link you posted is of my machines. That's where I got the numbers for my first post. Thank you though.

I guess I should have read a little more. Posting your RAC was to show the discrepancy of the 2 rigs, over time the two will level out. My RAC has just about leveled off, I would imagine it would fluctuate a little depending on WU's though.

I'm definately not jealous of Pixies power bill either!

Back