• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Guy's have I been had? 3200+xp Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordgalla

Registered
Hi guy's,I think I've been had.I was told this was a 3200+ xp Barton 400mhz Socket 462 cpu.I have not tried it yet,but I'm worried about doing it? any help on this? see picture? Thankyou.

Attachments

• cpu1.jpg
    cpu1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 199
Look at the first group of numbers (model #) on your chip then compare it to the one in the picture.... You have not been had. You got what you paid for...

Look at the first group of numbers (model #) on your chip then compare it to the one in the picture.... You have not been had. You got what you paid for...

ok numbers look good,I go on amd site to the numbers and look at the picture,and I see a small chip on both the top and the bottom of the center die.On the cpu show above I only see 1 small chip above the center Die?? I can't find 1 picture on the internet,that shows a 3200+ Xp Barton 400mhz socket 462 that has just 1 of these small chips above the Die,like the one I have.They all have 2 small chips one above and one below the center Die?

thats a 3200...and from the batch...if I remember correctly the 308MPMw was a pretty cherry OCer...

Dont go buy the AMD site pics...CPU designs change all the times...I had a brown 3200 and a Green 3200...

thats a 3200...and from the batch...if I remember correctly the 308MPMw was a pretty cherry OCer...

Dont go buy the AMD site pics...CPU designs change all the times...I had a brown 3200 and a Green 3200...

ok,thanks. I was concerned about the small chip above the Center Die? there's only 1,and all pics I was seeing on the 3200 have 2 of these little chips.One on top and bottom of the Heat Die.

I would still check it. When I bought a 3200+, it turned out that the person had somehow replaced the sticker on the chip. It was actually a 2800+...quite a few people complained when they didn't receive the proper chip.

Mine looked completely legit, nothing out of place until I fired it up.

I would still check it. When I bought a 3200+, it turned out that the person had somehow replaced the sticker on the chip. It was actually a 2800+...quite a few people complained when they didn't receive the proper chip.

Mine looked completely legit, nothing out of place until I fired it up.

ok,will fire it up in a day or so.was concerned weather or not it was a fake.looked like a decent chip,but it looked different from all 3200 pics I've seen on internet,mainly the little chip above the Die.There's only 1 compared to 2 on all pics I've seen.Thank's for the help.

Thankyou for all the help Guy's,I tried in my system today and,no boot at all.It's a completly Dead CPU! I learned a hard lesson today..Again thankyou to all who helped me on this forum.

Thankyou for all the help Guy's,I tried in my system today and,no boot at all.It's a completly Dead CPU! I learned a hard lesson today..Again thankyou to all who helped me on this forum.

That sucks. Do you have another chip you can try in your motherboard, or do you have another motherboard you can try with this chip? What kind of motherboard, RAM, and PSU are you using with this setup?

Then again looking at the picture, that core looks beat. :cry: Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

That sucks. Do you have another chip you can try in your motherboard, or do you have another motherboard you can try with this chip? What kind of motherboard, RAM, and PSU are you using with this setup?

Then again looking at the picture, that core looks beat. :cry: Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

ya,I tried another socket A 462 chip and all's well,it's a epox EP8RDA3+ motherboard,1gig ddr pc3200 400mhz.Put this chip in,heatsink and fan,and No Post at all.....Must be CPu completly DEAD! Sucks

Looking at the picture of the chip you posted above the core looks chipped on a few corners and on the sides. I think he/she sold you a bum chip.

Back