• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x-plosion 7.1 cinema and z5500. Problem using fiber optic cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimson1566

I'm connecting them using the fiber optic cable that came w/te sound card but the z5500 doesn't receive anything and says "no data found" when i choose the fiber optic setting. Using the regular sound cables that came w/the z5500 gives me sound so the card is working. Any idea what the problem is?

The input button on the control unit. Direct/ Optical/Coax.... You may have to select optical out via the sound control panel in windows.

The input button on the control unit. Direct/ Optical/Coax.... You may have to select optical out via the sound control panel in windows.

input is set to optical on the z5500 control unit. don't see anything to set optical out on the sound control panel in windows.

Go into the control panel for the sound card. It will be a little icon in your system tray that looks like Xear 3D. On the left side you will see a drop down for different outputs. It is set to analog by default. Just select Digital out, or DTS out. And then you will be rocking.

Back