• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What printer do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashura

Just curious about what the rest of ocforums uses.

I needed an all-in-one, inkjet, network ready printer that looked nice and wouldn't break my wallet. Read around and found the Canon PIXMA MX850 which has served all of my needs wonderfully. Prints come out great, and I was especially surprised at how good photo prints look. All that for $190 (at the time) has left me a pretty happy camper.

You can get it for $170 shipped from newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828102282

Bunch of pics taken from google:

pixmamx850zv1yc1.jpg

i have a cheap hp laserjet 1018:
H24-CB419A-main2.jpg

it only connects via usb. i just have it hooked up to my vmware host for sharing on the network.

if i need to print anything color, i'll just print it at work on the hp color laserjet 4730 :D
4730mfp.jpg

i have a cheap hp laserjet 1018:
H24-CB419A-main2.jpg

it only connects via usb. i just have it hooked up to my vmware host for sharing on the network.

This one works awesome for me, we next to never print anything in color... after having it for a year, we're still on the original printer cartridge! :clap:

~ Gos

Brother HL-2040. I paid ~$60 for it and it is one of the best investments I have made. I have had it for about 2 years now and I know it has saved me $200+ in ink costs. I have just used ebay toner refills and it has worked great. I figure the drum is about to go out and plan on getting a Brother Wifi laser when that happens. I just print my pictures at Walmart, cheaper than doing it on decent paper and ink.

I'd love to have gotten a laser printer but I needed both color and all-in-one functionality. The cheapest laser printer like that on newegg is $500 after MIR.

Epson cx7400, came free after rebates with my wife's laptop. All in all not a bad printer for what we need and having individual color cartridges is nice.

Samsung CLP-300 color laser, I will never go back to inkjets, ever! It's pretty much the cheapest color laser around at about $175 here but it does a damn good job. With glossy laser paper even photos are semi decent but that's not what I bought it for anyway.

Back