• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller Power Rating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
based on my math each channel has a .4A rating which if I am correct is 4.8watts per channel
I looked up the specs on the silverstone site here (their site is still there newegg's link is broken) -> SILVERSTONE FP33-B Controller

Hope I did the math right:
Amps x Volts=Watts 0.4A x 12 = 4.8watts

Just so you know, that is a low wattage output. You will be somewhat limited on the fans you can use. The Sunbeam 4 channel fan controller is much better and puts out 1.66A (20w)/channel. It looks almost identical to the Silverstone and is half the price. :attn: Jab-tech has the best price on it, Clicky

Axis

Just so you know, that is a low wattage output. You will be somewhat limited on the fans you can use. The Sunbeam 4 channel fan controller is much better and puts out 1.66A (20w)/channel. It looks almost identical to the Silverstone and is half the price. :attn: Jab-tech has the best price on it, Clicky

Axis

Yeah I'd definitely look at the sunbeam, cheaper more power per channel and 4 channels instead of 3.

Yeah I was trying to find a 3.5" size controller but I need it to handle 20 watts per channel. I'm gonna have to get a 5.25 I guess and get an external dvd drive enclosure.

Back