• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans on during standby ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deebler

Registered
Hi, I just built my new machine and everything works great, but I'm stumped on this standby issue. My last computer I would set into standby and everything would shut down and the LED light would blink. With this new system I enter standby and all the fans (GPU, Processor, etc.) stay spinning at full... I went into the Bios and saw under power management it was set to S1 & S3. I have the Nforce 780i mother board and the Nvidia 8800GT video card.

Thanks in advance.

omg same thing with me! ever since i swapped motherboard.
the only way to turn stuff off for me now is to go into hibernate.
i think it has something to do with software. when you installed your motherboard's drivers, did you install some power saving suite or something like that?
my current Asus motherboard has this power saving suite, which i uninstalled, but haven't tried putting it on standby yet. my last gigabyte motherboard would just turn the whole computer off.

No I don't have a power suite or anything, just the control center my vid card came with. I can't figure out how to change it, or if with this mobo and vid card the fans will never turn off.

Just curious if S1 & S3 in the Bios would be the reason for this? Would switching to just S3 help?

Back