• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External drive not working, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theroadrunner

Hi,

I've got a removable hard drive I loaded at of my stuff onto. And after plugging it into my TV via the usb connection to watch a film from it (which worked briefly) Then after plugging it into my computer and I seem to remember at first I could open it, but I think it ran slowly/screwed up.

...And now it either isn't recognized or shows up, when I left it trying to open the drive (I double clicked H drive) It took like 10 minutes and then gave the following error:

H is not accesible

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

It's the H drive as shown in the pic, any ideas I can try to get it to work would be greatly appreciated. But I need the files on the drive, so blanking it is off the menu.

Thanks,
Tom

Have you tried just rebooting the PC with the Drive connected to see if it Re-Recognises the Drive,

I have one that does this on the odd occasion, but a reboot usually sorts it out.

Have you also power cycled the external drive? I have had issues with that on my current one.

dead drive

you might try removing the drive from the enclosure, and hooking it up to your computer directly...

Back