• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cruncher coming online this weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickdstik

Got all the parts together yesterday for a friend of mine who wanted a new rig. It'll be getting the BOINC treatment as part of my burn-in and he's cool with it sticking around after it's done. So Ill be adding a pretty monster rig to my group shortly.

Specs:
Q9550 on Gigabyte GA-EP45T-Extreme board
4 GB DDR3-1600

Will be shooting for a mild overclock of 3.6 GHz on this setup. Might play with a little higher, but we're on high air cooling so I don't want to get too crazy. Looking to add 5k RAC to my total on this setup and get an idea of how the 45nm chips clock up as I'll be adding a second one for myself in the near future.

q9550%203.6%20stable.jpg

Managed 8.5x425 (3.612 GHz) at 1.35v ... rock solid stable. Temps in the low 60s fully loaded since last night.

WOW is it tearing SETI up. 2250 seconds for a 44 credit WU ... if it keeps that up ... I wont be happy with just 5k RAC anymore. That's closer to a 7k RAC pace.

Last edited:
Back