• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where foreigners buy hardware online.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy666

Hello People I got a question, where do foreigners buy online hardware in us?
Im from Brazil and I want to buy some stuff in us I would pay the taxes and shipping but on Newegg for exemple they do not accept my International Credit Card as it was not issued on us.

i am in Costa Rica and i registerd with Directron.com as a reseller, and i buy all my items from there

newegg.com wont ship to a 3rd party shipper, well they did for $2k worth for me over a few months then decided not to one day.

With Directron.com i use Aerocasillas as my shipping company, ship items to them in Miami and they bring it down to Costa Rica.

I had to sign up on Directron.com as a Reseller so they would take my costa rican credit card, i had to send them a copy of the card, my passport and i was good to go!

^^ what exactly did you need or have to do to become a reseller?
i'm assuming you have to buy a certain $$ amount.

on a side note to the OP even if you have a us issued card newegg wont accept any orders placed from a non-us ip addy.

Thx for the reply but I dont need a resseler as I wanna it shiped to us. I got some friends that are on vacation visiting US and I just want to buy on a online store, and ship it to them on their holtel.

I could give them the cache but online stores have the best price and they are not into the hardware stuff they could buy it wrong xD.

So is there anyone that ever bought something on a good online store with a international Credit Card to ship in US?

Thanks People!

I think you will find issues using a credit card and then attempting to send it to a hotel of all places in someone else's name. Most credit cards insist on shipping to the billing address of the credit card to prevent ID theft / stolen credit card abuse.

The only way you can do this (to Brasil) is thru a friend or relative. I have a friend in Brasil (a missionary) and I have visited him twice in the last 2 years and was gonna buy parts in Brasil to build him a nice rig. I freaked when I saw the total $900.00 USD ($1600 Haies Brasil $) for just a 2.4g P4, Asus low end mobo, 1g ram, ATI 128mb vid card, 80g HD, 300w PSU, case, key board, mouse, DVD/CD rom and the kicker.... $800 for a copy of XP Pro.... ;>( I just couldn't afford $1600 USD to build a regular rig in Brasil.

My missionary friend and his wife will be staying with me next week for 4 days before they go back to Brasil. I will load him down with my spare parts andmost likely take him to Fry's and buy him a new rig. :)

PC's are StEEp in Brasil.

BTW, my friend lives in Rondonia, Cedijjadis. I think I spelled that last part right.

i'm also on the same boat as the author of this thread. hehe :) it's soo annoying...

^^ what exactly did you need or have to do to become a reseller?
i'm assuming you have to buy a certain $$ amount.

on a side note to the OP even if you have a us issued card newegg wont accept any orders placed from a non-us ip addy.

Nothing, i just had to fill out their form they had, which just gives them more info like where i actually live and stuff vs their online account system.

newegg accepted orders fine from my IP when i used them for about $2k in orders, the problem with NewEgg is they wont ship to 3rd party shipping companies.

i used Zipzoomfly, i just sent my billing address the same as my shipping in Miami and they took my orders fine, nice to see they have no address verififcation system.

So to be clear, i am not a reseller, but their reseller application form, had more fields to allow me to enter in more information, such as my home address , phone number, residency and so on, this then allowed them to verify the info with my scanned card and passport, from that point on, they let me buy what ever i want on my account

I am a normal everyday customer as far as Directron.com see's.

So is there anyone that ever bought something on a good online store with a international Credit Card to ship in US?

me, i do it almost weekly.

www.aerocasillas.com, i am sure your country has a similar service, check that site, they make operate from your country.

Last edited:
Back