• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekredsox

Registered
hi i am building a new pc evga 112ck-nf67-t1 mb q6600 proc and i am looking for good cpu heatsink. heard some good reviews on noctua nh -12p and tunig tower and the thermalright hr-01 plus but my question is isnt the tunig heavy enough to put to much weight and down pressure on the mb will it crack it ?the case is a coolermaster cosmos . any good suggestions on keeping the proc cool? thanks alot .

Wellcome to OCF tekredsox ! :welcome:

About your concern on cracking the mobo, I have Tuniq Tower and TRUE, both are safe for your mobo, never heard of any incident they're damaging the mobo so far. But I believe it will if you drop the case pretty hard or it experiences big shock.

But ..... I have a weak nerves when seeing those heavy heatsink hanging there like that, so I made the cure for my nerves like this HERE ! :D

I have personal experience with the Tuniq and since it uses a backplate it doesn't put much of a strain on the mobo; actually less than Intel's stock mounts do. I don't know about the TR and Noctua and if they use a backplate, but if they don't you can always buy yourself a TR backplate for them.

For a Q6600, I would recommend a TR Ultra 120 Extreme instead as that heatsink is still the benchmark all others compare to. And if you lap the base on that TRUE you will have about the best performance you can get with high end air.

Muddocktor, all Thermalright big heatsinks came with backplate as standard mounting accesories.

Back