• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

w00t.. 4GHz Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just how much voltage is it okay to give this thing? My temps are reasonable...

1.7 24/7 haha jk damn i wish i could get the 4.0 on mine i was only able to get to 3.8 congrats bro btw wut r the specs on the cooling

1.65v does it for me on the x48. The voltage is too high for 24/7 IMO, but it's dead stable. I backed it off to 1.4v and 3.6GHz for crunching Rosetta on a daily basis.

1.7 24/7 haha jk damn i wish i could get the 4.0 on mine i was only able to get to 3.8 congrats bro btw wut r the specs on the cooling

Thanks,

I'm using the following:
Blocks: D-Tek Fuzion V2 for CPU and EK 780i block for NB
Rad: Black ice 120x3 I believe it's called the Stealth GT or GTS? Low profile one
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 with the flow adjustment
Tubes: 1/2 ID Tygon tuing with the thicker of the two OD options
Coolant: Using Primo Chill liquid with a red dye that looks kind of pink once its in the system...

I'm gonna try re-doing the pencil mod (havent done it since my RMA) to see if that helps with stability during load. Will let you guys know!

Good job! I ran my voltage hungry Q6600 at 1.54v 24/7. Can't say if it damaged it but it didn't degrade and now it's been moved to another box for it's retirement. I know how hard it is to get 4GHz on a Q6600 so good job. I feel like I'm cheating with a Q9650. It's too easy.

Guys, unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it stable at even 3.6 ghz.. whats wrong!
I guess I could use the most help with what to do with my ram. It's PC6400, so default 800 Mhz. At 3.6 ghz, i can leave it at 800 mhz and have it be synced. However if I am higher than that, would you leave the ram at 800 or try to sync as much as possible? I've run this memory at 1000mhz rock solid before.

Try running the RAM unlinked. That was always the best for me on the 680i.
I did reach 4.0GHz on that board too: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=569050. It's just not meant to take a quad that high I think. I could bench it, but prime would fail a few minutes in.
I ran 1066 RAM but that shouldn't make much if any difference. Running linked always gave me problems.
Redoing the pencil mod will almost certainly help that OC remain stable and lower your required Vcore. You have to at least try, especially at this high of frequency.

Running at FSB 1600 at x8 for 3.2 Ghz - seems stable so far, but I'm having a hard time getting Prime 95 to run for 15 minutes, and sometimes i log into windows and my computer immediately restarts..

Any reason why a chip that can benchmark at 4Ghz would only be stable at 3.2 or below? FYI i can do 3.2 on a 9x multi at stock volts.

Back