• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT 3dMark06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
Ok the system currently in my signature runs great. I get over 11K in 3dmark with my video card at stock clocks. But when I over clock my video card, the Test in 3dmark06 with the Dragon and Balloon ship stutters and lags. Its only this test and it doesn't seem to affect my scrore. But I was wondering if this is normal or if something is going on.

Where exactly does it stutter? If it is where the dragon is jumping over the ship and hitting the water, I have had the same issue with all the cards I've owned. I see it go from 40+ FPS to 11 FPS just for that section.

Its in several spots during the test. Thing is I don't notice the stuttering when my card is running stock clocks. It only does it when overclocked and the FPS doesn't even drop when its doing this.

If it works fine at stock, then I think we have it narrowed down to three things:

1) The card is not receiving proper power
2) The card is overheating
3) The card is not completely stable

1. the Card should be receiving proper power, all my rails are showing up as fine in HWmonitor

2. The card is watercooled and the max temp it gets up to is 45C

3. EVGA Precision shows the card as stable, and ATI tools tests as stable.

I have even done the bios mod to get the extra .1 volt to the gpu core, and even on a low OC of 700Mhz from 650 on the core, and 1000Mhz on the ram from 900 it get the stuttering and again its only in that Test none of the others.

1. the Card should be receiving proper power, all my rails are showing up as fine in HWmonitor
Software monitoring is horribly useless. Use a DMM to get the actual readings please.

2. The card is watercooled and the max temp it gets up to is 45C
I think we can rule that out as long as the memory and voltage regulators are being cooled. Can you confirm that?

3. EVGA Precision shows the card as stable, and ATI tools tests as stable.
Please use FurMark, let it run for an hour or so full screen at your max resolution

Back