• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAVE: E8400 NEED: MOBO that can OC to 4Ghz EASY a.k.a. Idiot-Proof

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

southpark2033

Registered
I need reccomendations. My current board cant break 400 FSB and beleive me I HAVE TRIED!

I need a MOBO KNOWN for it's OCability, especially with an E8400, please!

I want to break 4.0Ghz but my budget is about $150.

umm there is no way that board cant do 400mhz fsb... P45 has native 1600/400mhz fsb support for the top end QX cpu...

Try the 8 multiplier instead of the 9.

Indeed. Drop the multi to 8 and ramp the FSB to 500 @ 5-5-5-15

Vdimm to 2.1v
Vcore to 1.35-1.40v

There's no reason why you can't get 4.0Ghz with these normal settings. Hell my P35 does that in it's sleep, lol.

Indeed. Drop the multi to 8 and ramp the FSB to 500 @ 5-5-5-15

Vdimm to 2.1v
Vcore to 1.35-1.40v

There's no reason why you can't get 4.0Ghz with these normal settings. Hell my P35 does that in it's sleep, lol.

those settings should work on my gigabyte ep35-ds3l, right? im having trouble getting my new E8400 E0 to 4ghz (and be stable)

They should. Your Gskills may need less voltage tho. OCZ is a bit more voltage hungry.

i see. well, my Gskills are at 1.9v, from 1.8v stock. 5-5-5-15 is stock as well, but im thinking this is why im not stable. i need to try something a little more loose like 6-6-6-18.

whats more likely is you have screwy settings with your ram.

I had a ga-ep45-ds3r and initially it wouldn't boot one megahertz above 400 fsb. But after looking at my ram settings and my mch strap, it easily does 480 fsb stable. In fact , up until yesterday I kept tweaking as there were 4 kinds of 2x system multipliers and i finally found one that's letting me slowly drop my vcores.

anyway long story short, look at your system settings. there's something else that causing it to crash, probably on the ram settings side of things

Any P45 board are up there as good overclockers, but the X48 boards could be argued to be better, definetly alot more expensive.

Your board is fine you just haven't found the right settings I'd bet, memory, voltage, bus speeds, CPU functions disabled, lots of things to miss.

Back