• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mini-pci wireless recomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I need a new 802.11 a/b/g card for my laptop. It is mini-pci not mini-pci express meaning that the connector is on the long edge not the short edge.

If you have had a good, bad, or other experience with a particular card, please let me know.

I don't care that it was an oem card (E.G. came with your Dell, IBM, etc.) or a seperate purchase. Once I get reliable data, I'll find a place that sells it.

917 views and not one recommendation?

How about a wireless N instead of a/b/g?

Holy geez man! I had no idea that there was something like that. Thanks. I'll keep that card in mind.

I have an Atheros card now. Maybe I just have a bad one? I've had it in two machines over a period of several years. I don't get the same range as other machines. I don't see as many WiFi networks, and it drops out two or three times just after boot up before it stays running.

Heck, sitting directly next to my Linksys WRT 54G v2.0 it shows lower than expected signal strength.

Back