• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ps3 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

how do i go about removing my downloaded and saved games and also my network info and my ps store account ?? im thinking about selling my ps3 but would like to be able to remove my information from it .. thanks

Save what you want if anything remove the hard drive dban it and put it back in and let the PS3 reformat it for you. Done

how do i go about removing my downloaded and saved games and also my network info and my ps store account ?? im thinking about selling my ps3 but would like to be able to remove my information from it .. thanks

There should be an option in the PS3's menu to restore the PS3 back to factory defaults, and to format the HDD. Do that, and then double check everything, and see if its gone.

To delete games and saved data just press triangle on each one and delete then sign out of PSN if your in and just delete your user in the far right hand side where all your friends etc are and delete that then delete the XBM account name on the far left hand side.

And if you can run the format tool or the reinstall from scratch option if I also remember rightly you should also go into account management and deactivate the system your accounts on as well I think that another security thing in place too.

Because if your account is deactivated and it was only on 1 system and not shared then it can't be used again also on the fact that no one else should have your info.

Back