• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Quattro 850w Vs Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justin Cider

Registered
I need some help making a decision on a powersupply.I am looking at both of these psu's and I have read good reviews on both.I would like some input from people who have owned either of these,and what there thoughts are.I want to get something that is a little future-proof,and will give me the option of going 260 GTX sli if I decide to do so I can the Toughpower for about $30 less than the Quattro but I think the Quattro would be overkill right now.Any help would be appreciated.I will look to upgrade to an SLI board as well.

Right now I run,
Q6600
Abit IP-35 Pro
Evga 8800GT
4GB Crucial Ballistix
OCZ Modstream 520W
If that helps out

I need some help making a decision on a powersupply.I am looking at both of these psu's and I have read good reviews on both.I would like some input from people who have owned either of these,and what there thoughts are.I want to get something that is a little future-proof,and will give me the option of going 260 GTX sli if I decide to do so I can the Toughpower for about $30 less than the Quattro but I think the Quattro would be overkill right now.Any help would be appreciated.I will look to upgrade to an SLI board as well.

Right now I run,
Q6600
Abit IP-35 Pro
Evga 8800GT
4GB Crucial Ballistix
OCZ Modstream 520W
If that helps out

Antec:

http://jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=58

Thermaltake:

http://jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=7

Well lets just say i owned an ANTEC its fridging great. It provides enough power for my CF setup plus five harddrives. Plus its getting cheaper now, Outpost.com had $149 price for it as a week special. 9/27/08

Back