• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One really quick unlocking question for 1.4 t-bird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First thing that I would do if I were you would be to check to see if your bird is already unlocked. I've heard that the 1.4s have a tendency to be so already. Might make things a bit easier on you. :)

For the pencil, it doesn't matter a whole lot, though the rating with more graphite in it is best. I don't remember how the rating goes, though. It won't hurt to do it wrong as long as you don't cross the L1s, though...so go ahead and experiment.

I would also recommend going for something a bit better than a pencil...like a rear window defogger repair kit or a conductive pen. I only say this because they give a longer lasting connection (my pencil went out after about a week).

Also as a precautionary note...make sure you have some good cooling on there before you overclock...wouldn't do to kill your nice processor. :)

Thanks a lot for the post Thelemac :D !

Im looking at my L1 bridges with a magnifying glass and it seems that the second bridge has been cut. The other 3 are perfect so I will only need to redo that one.

Thanks much again :)

Amair_sc said:
Thanks a lot for the post Thelemac :D !

Im looking at my L1 bridges with a magnifying glass and it seems that the second bridge has been cut. The other 3 are perfect so I will only need to redo that one.

Thanks much again :)

Really? Just *one* has been cut?

That seems odd...but I'm sure that's what you see. Good luck to you. :)

I've got a chicken with your name on it for tonight. :D

Thelemac said:
First thing that I would do if I were you would be to check to see if your bird is already unlocked. I've heard that the 1.4s have a tendency to be so already. Might make things a bit easier on you. :)

My 1400-266s came unlocked.
I think it would be funny if he did that for
nothing.
cry2.gif

Last edited:
Almost all the 1.4s of the 266 variety are unlocked. you might want to try and change the multiplier and see if it works by using wcpuid before you start messing with it. Good luck

Ahhh all is well, it unlocked pretty easilly with my good old magnifying glass. Maybe you guys where right >> the bridge was probably just a lot thinner than the other ones but hey, as long as it's working now who cares ;)!

I had to open it up anyways, I wanted to check the stepping for my cpu. Does anyone have a link to the different steppings "database"?

I lub my t-bird, now I only have to wait for my new RAM to get here :D

Thanks again!

Back