• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI GPUs could last longer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not once does the article that they link explictly reference nVidia or ATi.

edit: after reading through the article to find out what they pulled the info from the numbers are backed up but the write up on slashdot is sensationalist journalism at best. Read the TG daily article its far better

Last edited:
who care since u change it quickely

Who cares? Im sure many mainstream users do. Even us OCers could be effected by this. If it lasts 1/10 to 1/100th of a time that other processes do, well consider what happens when you OC it, pump more voltage into it. How much life span is that decreasing on a normal board or even one with this issue.

Its an issue and its not a good one to have. I mean its not all this thats getting to them but the fact that nVidia is now also having to delay the 40nm launch of there dies since the FAB can't do it til 2Q of 09. Things just been going wrong for them but they will be back. Its just a shift in the market for now and im happy ATI is doing better, because it helps AMD out which in turn helps us.

yhea you are right got a good point.. OC , but 1 /100 .. hits hard to belive i mean .

most of all cards still work ..

yhea you are right got a good point.. OC , but 1 /100 .. hits hard to belive i mean .

most of all cards still work ..

Yeah key word "most" doesn't mean everything is flawless or anything heck ATI's GPU's have issues here and there but having something like the etching going bad is a first I've heard.

Back