• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what power sorce do i need for this???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

justinupsm

Registered
ok i have my system done. well the parts i am going to get.

ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Thermaltake CL-W0075 Liquid Cooling System - Retail

north bridge cooler
CHC-122

Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA/300 7200 RPM 16 MB HDD

11-Bay ATX Transparent Plastic Computer Case w/3 LED Fans

four sticks of G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Desktop Memory - Retail

what power source would you say i needed for all this and what is the difference between a retail and an OEM componit.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! I believe you're already bought the thermaltake water cooling system?

Since there is only a quad core and no GPU, then a corsair vx450 should be fine. If you want modular, you could try the hx series, like the hx520, also from corsair. Many people would advocate using this brand for its reasonably good built and price.

Difference between retail and OEM

With retail items, you get all the accessories in the box, e,g if you buy a retail hardrive it will come with a sata cable, but if you buy an OEM one, it won't, if you buy an OEM motherboard, it will come with a board only, no cds, accesories, whereas if you buy it retail, it will come with all the accesories.

He has to use a GPU. That board does not have integrated Graphics on it. Given the price and to fit your future needs, I would go with the Earthwatts 650. I picked this one because it is made by Delta. If the 500W units are also built by Delta, go with those. Best bang for the buck units on the market today. Make sure the SKU ends with a "D" to ensure that the unit is a Delta.

the gpu i havent picked yet what are some good ones to go with.and i want to go with a 750 wat pwer so as to make sure i have enouf power . i want to overclock the q6600 to 4.0 ghz.

the gpu i havent picked yet what are some good ones to go with.and i want to go with a 750 wat pwer so as to make sure i have enouf power . i want to overclock the q6600 to 4.0 ghz.

700W is pretty unrealistic. As well as getting 4.0GHz from a Q6600.

SuperNade's on target with the Delta made Antec.

He has to use a GPU. That board does not have integrated Graphics on it. Given the price and to fit your future needs, I would go with the Earthwatts 650. I picked this one because it is made by Delta. If the 500W units are also built by Delta, go with those. Best bang for the buck units on the market today. Make sure the SKU ends with a "D" to ensure that the unit is a Delta.

i thought the EA line used the seasonic pcb unless your takling about something else. i think you may have seen the lable on the fan which on alot of psu's is from delta. i dunno here im just guessing, i havent seen any pic's of the PCB in the 650EA unit.

i thought the EA line used the seasonic pcb unless your takling about something else. i think you may have seen the lable on the fan which on alot of psu's is from delta. i dunno here im just guessing, i havent seen any pic's of the PCB in the 650EA unit.

The newer ones that end with the "D" in their name i.e Earthwatts 650D etc are OEM Delta...Check O.K Wolf's review on JG.com

The newer ones that end with the "D" in their name i.e Earthwatts 650D etc are OEM Delta...Check O.K Wolf's review on JG.com

yea i did when he posted the link... its been a while since i have been to jonnies. i dont need monster PSU's with atom setups so thats why.. :beer:
thats good to know though SN!! :)

Back