• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7 CPU Software Monitors, 7 Different Temps Which one is correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thejas

Registered
Software = Idle/Load (C)

Speedfan = 23/33
Everest = 23/33
Asus AI Suite = 24/34
Real Temp = 39-39-34-35/48-47-41-44
Core Temp = 44-44-39-40/53-52-47-50
Sisoftware = 44/53
CPUid = 24/35

Im using...
Motherboard Name Asus P5E / P5E3
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

My processer was OC'd @ 2.85 untill i realized that i have no idea what the actual temp of my CPU is.

Any thoughts or advice??

Temps.jpg
TempsLoad.jpg

Agreed both of those are actually showing the same temps, it's just that you have the TJ.Max set on 100°C on Core Temp and 95°C on Real Temp.

So what should the tj max bet set on then, 95 or 100?
And what does the tj max thing even mean?

Also do these 2 programs show a CPU temp or just my Core temps,
and should there be a difference?

Lastly my CPU Heatsink is not even warm to the touch no matter where i touch it, even when i am stressing my PC, is this normal? I am kinda worried i didnt apply the thermal grease correctly and im freeking out a little. Are my temps Normal?

Thanks in advance

TJ Max is 100 specified by Intel, finally. You can depend on Realtemp/Coretemp.

Everest, Core Temp, and Realtemp (update your copy so the Tj max is set to 100) are all right. the rest are junk.

Thanks for all your replys i apreciate it.

Anyone have an answer to my last question?

Lastly my CPU Heatsink is not even warm to the touch no matter where i touch it, even when i am stressing my PC, is this normal? I am kinda worried i didnt apply the thermal grease correctly and im freeking out a little. Are my temps Normal?

sorry if you said it already, but what heatsink are you using?

if its stock then i would say those temps are good for stock. otherwise there a little high.

you want to know what your core temps are, not cpu. core is the more important one.

Back