• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Same oc on GA-EP45-DS4 as P5Q Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamurli

I'm right now using a P5Q Deluxe and a 4870 1GB, and have become a victim of the infamous atikmdag.sys error. I haven't been able to solve this on the Asus board, but I have read that Gigabyte have fixed it with a BIOS update.
So I'm thinking of returning the Asus and getting a Gigabyte instead, and I'm just wondering, is there any significant difference between the DS4 and the P5Q Deluxe? From what I have read they seem very similar...

So, are there any real oc differences beetween them? Like the cooling or stability?

I am currently running a GA-X48-DS4 and have built several machines using the GA-EX35-DS4 boards. From my experience, they are rock solid stable boards but the bios can seem weird especially if you are you are used to the ASUS bios. The ASUS boards are easier to overclock with the Gigabyte a little closer to the DFI boards. I also do not like the Gigabyte "automatic" overclocking features as it tends to raise the voltages too high.

If you are going to use the machine for gaming, I would recommend the X48 chipset over the P45. The X48 gives you 2 16x PCIE slots so if you game that could be an advantage.

Back