• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI P35-T2RL BloodIron Boot problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PorPorMe

Registered
You can See by my sig that I had a Biostar. It died so It's RMA. I bought the DFI board as an upgrade. Now I'm having boot problem I can't solve.
Any advice is welcome.
Test bench configuration:
CPU, HSF only no bios beep:confused:
2g Kingston DDR2 667 Bios beep but with two very faint sounds that could be beeps or elect noise in the speaker. Switch mem sticks and slots with no change.
Add my 9600GT NO beep! pull it and replace with an old pci card. Board will now boot up through the video card bios and then goes int reboot cycle.
Any and all ideas welcome!

With the 9600Gt I don't get a beep.
With a PCI vidcard I get a bios beep, video card bios on screen, and then a reboot cycle. No chance to get to bios. It just cycles away.

So you cant get into the bios at all?

Or just never get to that point before it resets?

thats right. the sec the vid bios shows the vid ram,
it cycles agian. thats the same with two different cards.

Dip switch? What dip switch? I have a bloodiron and never seen a dip switch? :shrug:

Did you check the pins on the cpu socket? The cpu you have worked in another board? What power supply are you using?

You can See by my sig that I had a Biostar. It died so It's RMA. I bought the DFI board as an upgrade. Now I'm having boot problem I can't solve.
Any advice is welcome.
Test bench configuration:
CPU, HSF only no bios beep:confused:
2g Kingston DDR2 667 Bios beep but with two very faint sounds that could be beeps or elect noise in the speaker. Switch mem sticks and slots with no change.
Add my 9600GT NO beep! pull it and replace with an old pci card. Board will now boot up through the video card bios and then goes int reboot cycle.
Any and all ideas welcome!

It may be the Vcore. It sounds like when the Vcore is wrong, except that with yours, it goes further with a PCI video card.

Dip switch? What dip switch? I have a bloodiron and never seen a dip switch? :shrug:

Did you check the pins on the cpu socket? The cpu you have worked in another board? What power supply are you using?
Sorry for the mistake in wordage.

My rig is totaly the same as before except for the case and the motherboard.

It may be the Vcore. It sounds like when the Vcore is wrong, except that with yours, it goes further with a PCI video card.
How could it be the vcore? Clear the cmos and then load default values isn't going to have vcore problems.

Me thinks that board is fubared. Either something shorted when you was installing it in the case, or it was fubared from the start.

Unless you can test each component in another board, there's really nothing else we can help you with. I hope you have a sales receipt/invoice for that board as DFI will not RMA it otherwise.

Here's my ordeal with DFI's RMA service.

Back