• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get an X1950 Pro AGP BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Athlon Mark

After my first successful venture last week modding the BIOS on an nVidia card with nibitor, I'm trying to find everything needed to tinker with my next project.

I've got a Radeon X1950 Pro AGP card in my old Athlon64 computer. I've downloaded RaBit and GPU-Z....but here's my problem. When I try to yank the BIOS with GPU-Z, I get the error "BIOS reading not supported on this device."

I've tried unsuccessfully to find the BIOS online. Found the BIOS for the PCI-E version, but no AGP :( Any ideas? Anyone know of a BIOS that is already modded for this card?

What exactly are you trying to mod on it? The clocks, voltage? Can you use ATItool to drop it? You could always back it up using atiflash.

I used ATI tool to yank the BIOS. The first version of ATI tool I downloaded was an early version that wouldn't. My intention is to play with the tool tray settings and then save to BIOS---- but I'm finding that the X1950 Pro doesn't seem to have much headroom for improvement, at least not at the stock voltages I'm working with right now.

I was going to start a new thread, but I can ask here--- I downloaded the latest ATI tool from guru3d.com, along with Catalyst 8.9, and yanked the BIOS as I said above with ATT. But everytime I try to tinker with the settings to overclock the card I get a blank screen, an "Over Range" notice on my LCD monitor, and have to reboot the computer. Even a +1 increase in MHz in either memory or GPU locks everything. The RivaTuner doesn't react this way, but I don't know how to adjust voltage with with RivaTuner (if even possible). Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back