• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24/7 Voltage on an A64 X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

Given that temps stay below 50*C, what would you guys consider the max 24/7 volts?

I only ask because I was able to get my X2 5000+ stable (10.5hrs 2x P95) at 247x13=3211 by changing vCore in the BIOS to 1.5v but both my mobo HW monitor and CPU-Z are detecting 1.476v

Last edited:
I use 1.5v as my limit for vcore. Not sure how "safe" this is, but I've been running my 4800 at 1.5v for about a year.

From what I've seen the settings for the vcore on Biostar boards aren't real accurate. Under the Advanced tab in the BIOS check the voltage in the "Hardware Health Configuration" and see if your monitoring programs are reading the voltage correctly.

Well in the past I've noticed that my Windows-based Biostar HW monitor shows me the same exact temps, volts, etc. as the Hardware Health Configuration that pops up for a second before Windows starts. I'm just wondering if its running at the 1.5v that the BIOS is set to or 1.476v that CPU-Z and HW Monitor is showing.

Thanks for the info, though.

Back