• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sharing printers and its tray settings...(long description)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xpwj

Registered
this is a question regarding sharing printers on network and it's tray settings. Say i have ONE multi-funtion printer with 3 trays, and each tray holds different paper, plain, legal paper, and letterhead paper. I have the printer attached to the server and sharing out. I have installed on the server X this same printer 3 times (so i got 3 printer icons in Printers and Faxes: Printer-plain, Printer-legal, printer-letterhead) and manually set each printer icon to different trays so that when each user print, they can just select the different printer instead of having to go through the setting and change tray. Now, the problem comes when each workstation go to run and type //serverX/printer-... to get the shared printer, the tray setting is not passed down. Is there anyway i can have it so when they get the shared printer from server the tray setting for each printer will also be passed down??

Back