• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Always hear myself on mic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CArmstrong

Registered
Guys, I'm having a weird issue. Every time I plug my headset I constantly hear what's going on around me. I hear myself breathing and talking, even though I'm not using any applications that should be using the mic. It's really bothering me. The sound is integrated Realtek, but my driver hunt has come up fruitless. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to remedy this? Thanks!

ahhhh the lovely Vista microphone issue. i had a major problem with it for the longest

right click on the volume icon in your system tray
click on playback devices
highlight your speakers/headphones
click on properties
click on levels tab
its not noticeable at first but there is a scroll box in the middle of the page there
scroll down to the microphone and click on the little speaker icon that will mute it
click OK on both of the screens to close it all out

i had an issue with this happening after every time i loaded up a game ... it went away after awhile and i just got used to going into those settings every time i got out of a game

I have this same problem using a Logitech USB headset in XP...any ideas?

Mute microphone in Playback volume panel.

To do that go to Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > click the Audio tab > click Volume under Sound playback. In the Play Control panel that pops up go to Options > Properties and check Microphone if it's not already checked, click OK to go back to the Play Control panel and click the mute box under Microphone.

Back