• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway encourages OCing!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome!

I dont mean to butt in but a guy at work just got a new puter and since he knows I like puters he asked me if I wanted it. Its a Gateway 200 series. Are these any good? I think theyre pretty old. It doesnt matter, its free.

I guess gateway isnt doing too good. I prefer to build my own because I get what i want. I wont buy a comp from any store.

m_mike_k said:
Awesome!

I dont mean to butt in but a guy at work just got a new puter and since he knows I like puters he asked me if I wanted it. Its a Gateway 200 series. Are these any good? I think theyre pretty old. It doesnt matter, its free.

If it's free, then take it. If it's near-worthless, you can at least use it for folding. I couldn't find anything on their 200 series, but their 300 series didn't look that bad.
If it's good, keep it like it is, and if it sucks, upgrade it until it doesn't (or until your wallet says to stop).

I think gateway is trying to attract the power users. They know that we upgrade frequently and always look for overclockability when buying parts so to make us interested they state facts that we know already. They'll probably get a lot of newbies so get ready to answer the quests.

m_mike_k said:
Awesome!

Take the PC ! Even if this machine is total junk, it still has a great entertainment value. If it is junk, get a six pack of beer , drink three and then put the machine out on the curb in your trash. Go immediately to a lawn chair across the seat where you have a good view of it. The PC will be gone in 8 minutes I assure you. People will jam on the brakes and get out of there car in a blizzard to pick up a curb side computer. I can tell you it is fun to watch someone lugging a 75 pound server case that is filled with 30 pound hard drives and no longer compatable with anything in his car. Trust me on this one !

Billy

Back