• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS wont even load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krhspeedy

Registered
I need Help my laptop isn`t booting not even the bios screen is coming up.
I turn it on and the screen is just blank can anyone help me.:confused:

You cant really do much to laptops, but if all else fails, there are a few jumper switches under they keyboard. They are like tiny switches, you have to set a certain combination to reset cmos. Not sure which ones you set, but hey, its dud anyway. I think the worse you could do is up the speed from 266 to 333 or something, which is no biggie if you dont boot it into windows.

try this,

this happens quiet often with a few people i know and this is how i fix it.

pull out the battery, unplug it from the wall and let it sit for about a minute to let the caps get rid of whatever juice them may have.

Try plugging it back in without the battery and power it on. If it comes on, then replace the battery

try this,

this happens quiet often with a few people i know and this is how i fix it.

pull out the battery, unplug it from the wall and let it sit for about a minute to let the caps get rid of whatever juice them may have.

Try plugging it back in without the battery and power it on. If it comes on, then replace the battery

i tried this and i didn't work so i ordered a replacement power cord and amazingly that was what was wrong. Idk how it got damaged but it did.

Back