• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Kama angle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

We have seen quite some odd shaped coolers since computer cooling became necessary and Scythe's newest cooler joins that list.

Should be available 3rd week of October and as their recent coolers it is meant to be a silent solution not a top performer.

Kama angle

kama-angle300ho04.jpg

I don't see why they didn't just fill in the hollow part of the "A" shape to make it a solid triangle shape. Wouldn't the expanded surface area of the fins improve cooling? This isn't any improvement in technology, just a fancy new look.

I don't see why they didn't just fill in the hollow part of the "A" shape to make it a solid triangle shape. Wouldn't the expanded surface area of the fins improve cooling? This isn't any improvement in technology, just a fancy new look.

that and also make it to where the fan pushes the air through the fins... i see MUCH of the air of the fan going out the bottom and top hole in the center of the wing and not even going through the fins....

EDIT... oh god ya that BIG low static pressure fan is going to have HUGE problems pushing through thoes densly packed fins... the air is just gonna take the easiest route ... out through the top and bttom of the void.

Aside from the obvious problems, might work well in a P182 or similar case which has a fan at the back and top.

Aside from the obvious problems, might work well in a P182 or similar case which has a fan at the back and top.

Yea actually, if you could find a way to build separate air ducks to the top and rear of case connecting the heatsink to the fans, you might get some decent suction power that would take a lot of the cpu heat right out of the case...

The other alternative would be inventing a fan that can bend 90 degrees :)

Sorry but as nd4spdbh2 all I can see happening is all the air that is being pushed by the fan escaping out of those big triangular gaps. Perhaps if you were able to mod something to fill in those gaps then some of the air may get through the fins and it may cool a bit better. I just can't see it working very well,(IMHO) May be wrong we will just have to wait and see some reviews.

Last edited:
Back