• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need cables from DVD drive GSA H10N to SB XtGamer fro DD & DTS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I have no digitsl or stereo audio cable connected from my dvd to my X-Fi. Do I need either to get DD (or DTS) plyback inside the pooter, using the X-Fi eXtremeGamer (non-X) SB, output as audio level via the std. 3x 3.5mm (or whatever size) jacks?

I am not asking how to get the digital format of DD or DTS through/past the soundcard to the 5500s, I want to know why my 3x 3.5mm cables from the soundcard are not giving the 5500s a DD or DTS signal, already decoded into all the final audio level signals.

For DD or DTS from an internal pooter dvd bay disk drive do you need to have a seperate cable from the dvd to the soundcard (X-Fi eXtremeGamer retail, non X-RAM)? Using Logitech 5500D speakers.

I have just found out that in order to get DD and DTS from a standalone dvd home m/c ON THE 5500s it needs a digital cable to supply the DD audio by bitstream, a regular ausio out will not work (according to the 5500 manual RC chart). It is nor embedded, I think. according to the ambiguous text and row & column chart!? Getting the input right & the effect button. Cluster*ing again. However a regular stereo audio input from the soundcard is sufficient for the Pro Logic II all 5.1 speaker surround audio channels work.

So I have downloaded the Cyberlink PowerDVD software that is stated is needed in order for the X-Fi eXtremeGamer retail, non X-RAM soundcard to do DD and DTS. But it is unclear in the documentation if this version of the software enables the DD and DTS OR if I need to purchase an upgraded version to get that. Or am I missing some cables inside the computer from the dvd drive to the soundcard. I am using the 3 3.5mm cables output from the rear of the soundcard to the same on the input of the speakers, but I have yet to se any DD or DTS.

So far I have been stuck with the best movie audio surround sound format of PLII.

i have a LG GSA-H10N full bay height DVD player. But the only connection to the soundcard (audio & video, data) is through the computer data cables IDE, not SATA.

Afaik so far, the difference (one of them anyway) b/t PL and DD or DTS is stero rear channels as opposed to mono, or is that already the diff b/t PL and PLII?

Last edited:
Back