• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9550 : Trust Bios Voltage or Cpu-Z to determine how much more it can take

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaV3N

In the bios my Q9550 is runnig at 1.325 voltz. But whne i start up CPU-Z it says 1.21 without fluctuation. It stays at 1.21. And ASUS PRobe is reading 1.28. Which one is my cpu really at to determine my life span and how much more juice it can take? Is the bios the truth or the program?

Usually none of them are and you have to measure it to find the true voltage being fed. :)

However, in your case, if you can't measure it in any case, which I advise you do, then I'd go with ASUS Probe. I've found it to be close to correct in many cases. In either case, BIOS set won't be the real voltage, it should be lower.

Usually none of them are and you have to measure it to find the true voltage being fed. :)

However, in your case, if you can't measure it in any case, which I advise you do, then I'd go with ASUS Probe. I've found it to be close to correct in many cases. In either case, BIOS set won't be the real voltage, it should be lower.

Ok so it should be lower then the bios no matter what, i guess thats a good things then. :) And how do you mesure it?

Last edited:
Using a Multimeter you have to measure the voltage point on the motherboard around the CPU socket.

As is being talked about here (for another motherboard - red pointed metallic point there) :)

Using a Multimeter you have to measure the voltage point on the motherboard around the CPU socket.

As is being talked about here (for another motherboard - red pointed metallic point there) :)

Oh ok, now im adjusting CPU voltage in my bios(and get my desired change), a friend told me he adjust VTT voltage. I do think i saw this option. Am i at fault?

VTT voltage is different, not CPU Core voltage. It is usually needed for stability when OC'ing but don't touch it until you really need to. You're mainly after CPU Voltage from the start. ;)

Back