• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus II vs. Asus Rampage Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gwiggles

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to decide between the two motherboards. I'll be using a Q9550 (EO) and a TRU 120-xtreme. I've seen people say that the P45 (Maximus II) chipset is very good at overclocking the 45nm quads. Would I get similar results with the Rampage Extreme (X48)? Would I get higher clocks? >.>

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Gwiggles

Oops! >.< Just noticed I posted this in the CPU section... :-/

*Edit* Just read the article (Thanks for it =D)...What a beast haha

Aww :-/

can anyone with a rampage extreme post their results and if they've had any problems with them, what are they?

thanks again :p

The Rampage Extreme is the best motherboard I've used in my life, period. The only thing I don't like is the big heatpipe cooler getting in the way of putting custom northbridge cooling.

But it's as close to a flawless motherboard as I've ever seen. (And I've seen a lot) You completely get what you pay for in it's case.

Well, that helps my decision. Now I do have a question about the fusion block on the NB, will I need to get a replacement if I'm not watercooling?

You might have trouble...it is quite cramped. I ditched the stock heatpipe assembly completely. There's also a big capacitor right under the CPU socket which can be a little annoying.

Back