• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sata to sdhc card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I suppose the question is why: will a USB adapter not work?

Saw the compact flash stuff, I have an extra SDHC card that I wanted to use. Got some more reading to do because that adapter for sdhc cards is way to much money.

I would use a usb one but I think it might be to slow.

That DIY SSD adapter is pretty cool.

As for the OP most SD Cards arent too terribly fast, I dont think the USB bus will be a problem.

ya USB is definietly not gonna limit you with a SD card and almost all new mobos have zero problem booting from a "USB hard drive"

How about an adapter to get a usb inside the case? Looking ide,sata or usb mobo

you could always buy a cheapie card reader and run the usb cable through an open pci slot cover and plug it into the back of the comp.

Some of those USB controller cards have an inside port.. Otherwise your stuck running an extension inside the case but then you may as well just plug it in externally.

Oh or use one of those PCI plate USB plugs that plug into your mobo to give you more usb ports and just not mount it to the slot like you normally would.

Back