• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some rather strange and annoying issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freezer7Pro

So, I've modified my rather random network a bit, and unsurprisingly, it isn't working exactly as I want, just as before.

It consists of three computers; LAPTOP, MEDIA and GAMING. LAPTOP and GAMING running Vista, whilst MEDIA is running XP. They're all connected to a good ol' huge 100TX 24-port switch from like 2000, that leads to my modem. The lappy through a Netgear access point. Here's how it is:

All computers can access the internet.
LAPTOP can see and access all three computers (MEDIA sometimes works, sometimes not), and _ALWAYS_ RDC to MEDIA. It's scary how good it works.
GAMING can see and access LAPTOP and itself, sometimes MEDIA. Can usually load folding@home info from MEDIA.
MEDIA can see GAMING, but not LAPTOP.

They're all in the same workgroup (WORKGROUP), all have IPV6 disabled, and have just about the same configurations. LAPTOP sometimes appears in the browser on MEDIA, but it isn't accessible. MEDIA and GAMING are wired, the laptop is wireless, but I've pretty much ruled out hardware errors, changing switch several times does absolutely nothing. I'm certain it is a software error on MEDIA, but it's only running the built-in firewall in XP, which according to itself is set to allow every last bit of traffic from every last port from 0 to 65536.

HELP! :shrug:

Back