• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165 on a DFI Lanparty ULTRA-D nf4 need info about RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

hello there folks,
its been ages or so it seems since I got this rig and overclocked the poor sod :)

I have
Opty [email protected]
2x1 Gig Gskill PC4000 in my rig

now I got a OCZ PC3200 Rev2 2x512 MB from a friend he doesn't need them any more. Question is... Can I use them.

I know I run my RAM higher than 3200 no idea how higher, been a while. Question is can I run this CPU asynchronous (spelling?) and if yes how hard will it impact performance? Is it better having 2 Gig RAM 1:1 or 3Gig with RAM running slower.
I know CPU can run this fast (2.6) but will 4 sticks of RAM mean increased instability and things like that?

In short is it possible and should I consider it, is it worth the time :)
Thank you for your time folks!

4 sticks will always be harder to overclock with then 2.

as for the rev2 pc3200 you shouldn't have a problem running them close to 300fsb or pc4800 afaik there tccd sticks and should clock pretty good.

I have an AMD X2 3800 cpu on a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D. I had problems running dissimilar pairs of memory. for instance, I have pc3200 OCZ (2 x 512) and pc3200 Crucial Ballistix (2 x 512), they have different timings and such. My board would only recognize 1Gig. I had to use SPD tool to copy the spd info from one to another. I had to test the one pair to make sure it could run at the speeds/timing of the other pair by setting it manually in bios before using SPD. then i saw all 2Gigs.

Should I expect big decrease in performance if I run RAM on divider? I just care about FPS and "loading times" no benches

remember that some ram just plain has a hard time running in the orange sockets, some one once explained to me TCCD ram in yellow and BH-5 in Orange

Back