• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice upgrading my new Sony FW w T9400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw!tchb!tch

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a new laptop and need some help with ordering some upgraded ram. Things have changed alot since I put a 1GB stick in "compton" ( see sig lol ) :p

My new laptop is a Sony Viao FW with a newer style Intel T9400 C2D 2.53 ghz and comes with 3 gb of DDR2 800 mhz ram with room for a total of 4 gb. I have a Seagate 7200.3 ready to drop in when it arrives to help speed her up. Ok so . . .

Question: What would be the best bang for the buck replacement for this 800 mhz DDR2 ? 1066 mhz DDR2 ? Faster ?? Worth replacing ?

Question: How much actual ram does 32 bit XP and 32 bit windows use if you have 4 gb ? Ive seen people say anything from 2.75 to 3.5 ?

Question: Is this machine going to be a dog on vista with only 3 gb of ram using photoshop cs3 ? I was thinking of installing XP home on it which should just fly .

Thanks for the help !!

Back