• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phenom 9850 dfi lp dk m2rs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

om2212

cpu phenom 9850
mobo dfi lp dk m2rs
memory corsair cm2x2048 8500c5d
psu 850 antec
3 gpu ati hd 3870 on crossfire
os windows vista home premium 64 bit
cooler cpu thermaltake big typhoon
any one can help me to overcolck my cpu ?

Welcome to OC

How much do you want to OC your cpu? Have you ever OCed before?

I got the same Mobo and CPU as you and it clocked very well for me. I was running it for quiet some time at 3Ghz at completely stock voltages, which is quiet a bit better results than I have heard from just about anyone (this is with the stock cooler) Beyond that you will need to start bumping voltages and CPU VDDC. Also results may vary, I have been told I am quiet lucky and got a really good chip.

i try to rise the multiple of the cpu the bios is ok but in windows the computer stuck and show a blue screen even if i rise the cpu volt it not work waht can i do

Make sure to have the most up to date version of AMD Overdrive if your going to go that route. And when you raise the volts in bios or in AOD just bump it up one at a time.

try leaving the multiplier at stock and raising the bus speed instead, make sure your ram has the proper divider to keep it close to their rated speeds and it doesent give you any issues as well

i try to lower the multiplier to x4 and rise the htt to 210 and my computer is stuck i dont know if its the memory or the cpu i think i need to sell this "phenom" and buy a new intel

Wait stop, hopefully read this before you hurt something.

i try to lower the multiplier to x4 and rise the htt to 210 and my computer is stuck i dont know if its the memory or the cpu i think i need to sell this "phenom" and buy a new intel

Don't lower your CPU Multiplier keep that at 12.5

Rather lower your HTT Multiplier to x3 or x4.

Raise your Bus Speed by 50 for each test.

Keep your Memory Settings the same.

Once you reach the max Bus Speed (you will know when) then start to mess with your Memory Voltage, Memory Speeds, and your CPU Voltage.

Back