• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can someone read a minidump file for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kellygtp

my pc keeps randomly locking up...i havent changed one thing on it in months...

the only thing i did today was update WoW to 3.0.2 and i keep getting random pc lockups on the desktop, watching a video...just toally random.

i have downloaded the debugger from MS but i cant get this thing to read for the life of me...i dont have the right symobls..blah blah...its very annoying..

http://www.kellygtp.com/downloads/Mini101408-01.dmp

thats the file....thanks a ton

I'm no expert with windbg either, though I usually use it in XP. Just have access to Vista ATM. Not sure if this is accurate, but windbg just came back with 'probably caused by hardware' and 'vista_driver_fault'.

Not specific at all, and again I'm not sure if this is even accurate. Hopefully someone else can analyze that dmp file as well.

If I had to guess I'd say just an unstable overclock... just try backing down a bit... whether on your video cards, cpu or both.

ok well here is what i did and its running fine now...got rid of the 178 nvidia drivers...

back to 177.92 and its working great.

It cant be the overclock because its been running stable at those speeds for 2-3 months,

ok well here is what i did and its running fine now...got rid of the 178 nvidia drivers...

back to 177.92 and its working great.

It cant be the overclock because its been running stable at those speeds for 2-3 months,

I'm glad you found your problem, but in the future don't dismiss your overclock as a potential problem. I've run overclocked for over a year before problems started appearing. Ram is a leading suspect, but MBs, CPUs, and gfx cards can also loose stability over time.

i remember installing the drivers a week or so ago....when x-tremeg cme out with thier 178 set....then putting things together in my head...like random WoW crashes after...and video lockups...i just guessed and guessed right...i hope lol...

everything seems to be fine now..have not had one lockup after 5 hours of ortho and 4 hours of atitool running

Back