• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q6600 OC with Stock Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
So since my Coolit is in the RMA process and my custom loop is still in progress, I thought I'd go back to my TRU120E. Once installing and checking temps, sans the OC, I saw that my temps at idle were 60-65c!!! This was even after lapping the base. I even reseated it numerous times.

So my thinking was wth, if temps are gonna suck either way, it'll be easier to remove the stock cooler when the time comes, so I installed that. Man, was I surprised to see how low the temps were. I figured that if they are good then cool, I can OC some. Here's what I got:

Q6600Stock.jpg

Wow, when my w/c comes back from RMA, we are gonna have some fun with this baby!

Something wrong with that TRU120E, or is that stock cooler not-so-stock? O__o

Pretty interesting to note that the stock Q6600 coolers are the largest of the bunch.

Something wrong with that TRU120E, or is that stock cooler not-so-stock? O__o

Pretty interesting to note that the stock Q6600 coolers are the largest of the bunch.

Actually the funny thing is, I didn't use that stock cooler. I have like 5 or so laying around, so I went with one the the low profile ones.
CIMG2199.jpg

Back