• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network connection randomly cuts out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

I've been having a problem with my network connection since yesterday. My internet just randomly stops working with no indication that something's wrong. I have to disable and reenable my connection in order to get it working again. I haven't installed anything recently, and the only thing I've changed is that I patched world of warcraft. Any idea what could be causing this?

What is your operating system, router, and cable or dsl modem?
Are you wireless or wired? If wired, have you tried a different cable?

Klag

I use XP. My router is a TP-Link TL-R860. My connection is ADSL. It's wired, but I can't very easily change the cable. It runs through the ceiling because the internet is shared for my apartment floor. It's 12 meg for 5 people, so that should be plenty of bandwidth. It seems as though it only happens while playing world of warcraft for a while. It never happened before the last patch, and there are other problems with that particular patch so it's pretty easy to cast blame that way. I updated my NIC drivers just in case (it's a 3C2000 if that makes a difference at all). I was at work until just a little while ago, so I haven't been able to check if it's still happening.

Back