• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDTV or Large Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DohDoh

Hey all,

I want to connect my future high end gaming PC to a large display (42in+). Not sure whether to get a HDTV or monitor. Reason why I am having trouble deciding because I want convenience when tuning into and surfing channels.

How would you go about this?

Large monitor + separate HDTV tuner?

HDTV?

Model suggestions are welcomed as well! Thanks!

If your going to be sitting only a few feet from it I would say monitor since you could probably get one with a high resolution (2560x1600ish). If you are going to be sitting on a couch or something 10-15 feet away, a nice 1080p tv will work just as well. Either way, a samsung will work well.

+1 freakdiablo - or just buy a cheapo 19" as your second monitor for the "personal" touch. I had my computer rigged to my Sony 32" hi def telly. but whenever i was msn'ing my gf and the mates were round, i had zero privacy. You can also watch telly and play computer at the same time too...

Back