• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair DOMINATOR problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Hi I just installed the ram in my sig last night.

Just now in the Spore Creature Creator all the parts on the left hand side of the screen 'garbled' (you know when the texture or image disappears and is replaced by several lines or 'noise'). So instead of seeing 'hands' 'eyes' it was just black and grey liney squares.

I figure this may be the RAM so I need to run MEMTEST. can someone send me the link to the proper version to use please? Thanks.

Ok well I ran memtest and it said already by about 12% (5 and 7 respectively as it suggested two instances handling half the ram each for a dual core system) that it had found 3 errors, so what the heck?

I think perhaps the issue is with my power supply or motherboard, because what are the odds of having two GOOD quality ram sets go like that?

I have a weird issue with electronics in this house. Last year in the same 2 week period my desktop and laptop HD's died- just wouldn't read properly at all.

Anyways- isn't it odd that I just got rid of the Mushkin because it had errors- and now this brand new corsair has errors? I bought it yesterday

:(

Please help people who know more than me

Thanks

Oh and no I have not played any other games. Im not a huge gamer really sometimes something just gets my attention.

I have noticed this same sort of glitch I mentioned in the OP in windows itself though where when I come out of a program (not DX9 or anything just like a virus scanner that was full screen) several icons have lost their image and are just greyed out and it takes them a minute to come back...

Back