• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

280GTX with danger den block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shoopa

Hey so I got a eVGA 280gtx for my new system and I put the danger den blocks on them, the block allows for a single pci slot conversion which I did but there is a little plastic power thing that is blocking the 2nd slot, can I cut this off or is it important?

Hey so I got a eVGA 280gtx for my new system and I put the danger den blocks on them, the block allows for a single pci slot conversion which I did but there is a little plastic power thing that is blocking the 2nd slot, can I cut this off or is it important?

I *think* you're describing a clear plastic thingy that comes out perpendicular from the card then curves around to become parallel. If this is what you're describing, this is in fact just an LED and you should be able to pull it out safely without damaging either the videocard or the LED. Before you do anything though please make sure I've intepretted what you're describing correctly.

Back