• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD X2 5200 + Mobo + Antec 300 = $99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So....let's say I need a PC for a new business my wife is starting up. I already have a power supply, video card, DDR2 RAM, 3 hard drives (2 for RAID Mirror, 1 for OS), monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Is it possible for me to find a better deal than this, even if it means getting a crappier case and lower end processor? Keep in mind I also need a motherboard that can do RAID 1.

cant get anything much cheaper. baseline cpu/mobo combos are generally $99+ alone. keep in mind id buy it for the cpu/case then toss the board on ebay.. if you want integrity of RAID , id definitely get a mobo thats known to be more relabiable, esp for a business environment. deal it totally worth it regarless of which way you go

ps: i had a t-shirt with that binary quote lol.

Guess I'll go for it then. Hopefully the ECS motherboard will last long enough for the business to start making some decent money.

ESC has come a long way from the utter worthless crap they used to sell. They still suck, but have gotten a little better. I have a Q6600 @ 3GHz on a ESC G31T-M and plan on tuning it into a NAS box once I get a better board for the Q6600.

Dont expect it to work flawlessly out of the box though... I have always had to tweak at least the memory settings to get these boards to be friendly.

Guess I'll go for it then. Hopefully the ECS motherboard will last long enough for the business to start making some decent money.

The board is a solid chipset. Its the same one that is in my Biostar TF7050. It's been rock solid and a good overclocker with the right BIOS.

Got RAID too :D

glad to hear some postive notes on the board..just gotta hope i get a fresh one the first time. imma pick this kit up today. that case is bomb.

That is a hot deal. It's an integrated chipset so for a non-gaming PC you don't even need a video card and it's plenty of power for any everyday apps.

Kinda not a cyber deal then, eh?

After thinking about it I guess your right, but it is such a good deal... I had to let the OCF folks know:D

I learned a little trick about shopping @ frys this weekend. I had done it before but thought it was a fluke. Last time I only came up on some AS-5...
Go to the store as close to closing time as possible. Go to the area where you can buy RAM, CPU, etc. Tell them you want your combo and what ever other parts you need i.e. PSU, RAM, drive(s), video, nic, etc. Let them put it all on your print out (the one you claim your CPU and RAM with at the front).

After doing the above I realized I needed a DVD burner, g-bit nic, KB / Mouse, some case fans. I grabbed them and threw them in the cart. When I went to check out the checker went through my cart in a hurry, cause she wanted to go home like everyone else, and she forgot to add the DVD burner, nic, and case fans. She also grabbed the wrong CPU (I got a AMD Phenom 9750 - Quad core 2.4GHz).

With the checker feeling in a hurry to go home, I think I came up about $150 worth of free or upgraded stuff! Nothing I did to "trick her" or anything, but I wasnt going to tell her to fix it and make her have to stay later... I think she had a date to get to :p

Silversinksam 3/5/09 Staff Note: What you did is called theft by deception and fraud, Muddocktor's decision to bar you from ther classifieds was a good one. Coming to me today and asking for classified access is at best a joke. The nail in the coffin is your step by step tutorial on how to defraud a vendor and all.

Request denied

Last edited by a moderator:
With the checker feeling in a hurry to go home, I think I came up about $150 worth of free or upgraded stuff! Nothing I did to "trick her" or anything, but I wasnt going to tell her to fix it and make her have to stay later... I think she had a date to get to :p

So you don't even have cash register honesty?

After thinking about it I guess your right, but it is such a good deal... I had to let the OCF folks know:D

I learned a little trick about shopping @ frys this weekend. I had done it before but thought it was a fluke. Last time I only came up on some AS-5...
Go to the store as close to closing time as possible. Go to the area where you can buy RAM, CPU, etc. Tell them you want your combo and what ever other parts you need i.e. PSU, RAM, drive(s), video, nic, etc. Let them put it all on your print out (the one you claim your CPU and RAM with at the front).

After doing the above I realized I needed a DVD burner, g-bit nic, KB / Mouse, some case fans. I grabbed them and threw them in the cart. When I went to check out the checker went through my cart in a hurry, cause she wanted to go home like everyone else, and she forgot to add the DVD burner, nic, and case fans. She also grabbed the wrong CPU (I got a AMD Phenom 9750 - Quad core 2.4GHz).

Thanks for the little story. Now I know that I will never allow you into our Classifieds areas for trading here. We don't care to deal with folks that will screw over other people, even if it's their fault. :rolleyes:

muddocktor
Forum Moderator

Back